There is always a first time for installing a fixpack on your Cognos server.
In the following steps the installation is explained with screenshots. This example is on a linux server.
Please note that we do not take any responsibility when things go wrong!!
First of all be sure that you always have a backup of the complete cognos installation. This can contain:
- OS files backup
- Cognos Content Store backup (also explained in Cognos Content Backup)
- Database backup – cognos and report object schema’s
1. Download the required fixpack form ibm.com
2. Read the instructions along with the fixpack
3. Go to the directory on the linux filesystem. Then run ./issetup
4. Follow the instructions during the setup.
5. Accept the licence agreement
6. Browse to the installation directory of you cognos server, most of the time this will be: /opt/cognos/c8
7. It is advised to click Yes and have cognos make a backup of all the files that will be replaced.
8. Review the summary and click next to start the installation.
9. Installation is running.
10. A summary of the installation is presented.
11. On completion the following screen appears
12. Test the cognos server by Loggin in to Cognos and running Cognos Configuration.